For students seeking to directly enroll into either our Character Creation for Film/Cinematics or Character Creation for Games courses, an application along with a portfolio review is required for acceptance. If you wish to take any other class from our 3D Character Arts Program, any of the Elective courses, and or any of the CGWorkshop course, none of these classes require you fill out this application for acceptance. You can just enroll and pay for those courses directly from their individual course pages (assuming registration is open).
We will be asking about the following in your application:
- Basic personal information
- Term you are interested in enrolling for
- Portfolio of current 3D character work
Although we try to respond to applications within 24-48 hours of there submission, it can take up to 2 weeks for Admissions to determine an applicant’s eligibility. But on average, it takes less than 3 days. Whether you are approved or not, you will receive an email notification from us and we will advise you on the next steps.
You can apply at any time here.
You can resubmit your application at a later time if you feel you need more time or if you are not approved.
Please know we will be looking for the following from our applicants:
- Knowledge of proper topology and wireframes
- Experience using a major 3D package, such as Maya, 3Ds Max or other.
- A showcase of 3-4 characters
- An understanding of basic anatomy landmarks in the human body
- Any experience with Zbrush and sculpting tools is a plus.
*All applicants must be at least 18 years of age or otherwise have parental consent to be enrolled in our classes. Also, applicants must be proficient in English (written and hearing). Students must also meet minimal equipment and internet requirements to be considered.